Reaching the professional public of your line of business!
You are exhibiting at a trade show in Germany and would like to let the visitors know beforehand? A press release sent to the German trade press is a great way to let the professional public know what your business offers and where to find your booth at the trade show. In comparison to many other countries the number of trade journals published in Germany is surprisingly high: Depending on your line of business your press release will be relevant to between 40 and 90 trade journals. Each of these has a circulation of more than 10,000 issues.
Another important thing to know about the German trade press is that the editorial staff of these journals often consists of only a couple of editors. The consequence is they are looking for press realeses of high journalistic quality so they can copy and paste the text and adapt it to their needs within minutes.
After more than ten years of experience in b2b communications and with a degree in journalism we know the journalistic conventions of the German trade press inside out. If you would like to profit from our experience feel free to chose one of our service packages which are tailored to the needs of international exhibitors at German trade shows.
Package 1: “Powerful Press Release”
- We draft a press release of app. 2,000 characters length (including spaces) and a short boilerplate (company profile) for your comments.
- We will deliver the first draft and an English translation of the text within four working days after we receive the filled in questionnaire from you. Translations into other languages are possible on request but might need up to two additional working days for delivery.
- The final draft (of the German text) will be proofread by a professional proof-reader.
- In the meantime we will compile a list of the trade press relevant to your line of business and the trade show you are exhibiting at.
- We will send out the release by email on your behalf and publish it on relevant web sites.
- We will respond to journalist’s enquieries for you.
- We will control the performance of your press release for up to two months after the trade show ends.
- Cost: 650,- Euro + 19% VAT
Package 2: “Premium Package”
- This package contains all services of package 1 plus a company profile for the trade show catalogue and the text for the invitation of German business partners to your booth.
- Length and structure of the company profile will vary as it will be tailored to the standards of the trade fair catalogue in question.
- The direct mailing to invite German business contacts will be in the format of a business letter. In addition it will include a response form. You can send this out by post or by e-mail.
- If you do not have German business partners yet or would like to expand your list of contacts for sending out your invitation we will assist you in renting/buying personalized addresses of relevant businesses on request.
- The first drafts of all three texts will be translated into English to ensure a smooth approval process. Translations into other languages may be possible on request.
- Cost: 950,- Euro + 19% VAT
We offer a whole range of further services in regard to making your participation in German trade shows widely known. The following list contains a number of examples. Please feel free to ask for an individual offer tailored to your needs.
- Compiling and writing texts for you press kit. We also assist you in finding a service provider for printing your press kit or for producing a digital version on CD-ROM.
- Inviting editors from trade journals to visit your booth and hosting the face-to-face talks with the journalists at your booth during the trade show.
- Writing and setting up a landing page for communicating your trade show participation on-line. We will also supply you with successful keywords for a Google-AdWords-Campaign targeted at this landing page.
- Managing the translation of your product brochures from any given language into German by a professional translator. We will fine-tune the German text afterwards making sure your (potential) clients enjoy reading the brochure and it is using the correct “marketing speak” of your line of business.
The Questionnaire as PDF file
Download Questionnaire as PDF.